It is with great enthusiasm and hope for the future of the visually impaired community in Northern California that the Peninsula Endowment announces its grant awards for 2018. During a recent meeting of its Board of Trustees, the Peninsula Endowment granted $282,000 in one time grants to nonprofits serving the blind and visually impaired community principally in Northern California.
The Peninsula Endowment is a small San Francisco Bay Area based nonprofit organization whose mission objective is to: “Support programs that provide visually impaired individuals opportunities in the areas of education, employment and training to improve daily activities.” Programs need not be based in Northern California but should have a significant impact on beneficiaries in the Northern California area.
The Peninsula Endowment provides grants to nonprofit organizations which offer programs aligned with its mission objective. The Peninsula Endowment is currently soliciting requests for one-time grants from qualifying 501(c)(3) organizations. The deadline for this year’s grant applications is March 31, 2018.
To request a one time, grant from the Peninsula Endowment, there is no specific form or application to use. A qualifying organization need only submit a letter via email or regular United states mail that includes the following information and documents.
- The name, physical address, and mailing address of the nonprofit organization.
- The contact information of the point person in the nonprofit organization, including full name, title, phone number, and email address.
- The website address, if any, of the nonprofit organization.
- The United States Federal taxpayer identification number of the nonprofit organization.
- A statement that the nonprofit organization currently qualifies as a United States Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) organization which is tax exempt under United States Federal and California Law.
- A statement of the mission objectives of the nonprofit organization and how the programs offered by the nonprofit organization align with the Peninsula Endowment mission objectives described above.
- A statement illustrating the services the nonprofit organization provides for visually impaired persons, including some detail concerning frequency (e.g., whether the organization offers monthly or weekly programs).
- A statement estimating the average number of visually impaired persons the nonprofit organization serves a year.
- A statement describing how visually impaired persons gain access to the nonprofit organization’s services and programs.
- A specific request for a dollar amount of grant funds the nonprofit organization would like to receive from the Peninsula Endowment and a general statement of what the funds would be used for by the nonprofit organization.
- If the nonprofit organization has received grant funds from the Peninsula Endowment in the past, a summary of what the prior grant funds have been used for by the nonprofit organization.
- As part of the grant request, please provide the following useful documents and information to help the Peninsula Endowment make a decision on the grant request.
- Copies of the financial statements for the nonprofit organization for the most recent two years.
- Copy of the budget for the nonprofit organization for 2018 or the current fiscal year of the nonprofit organization if not a calendar year.
- A copy of the United Sates Internal Revenue Service determination letter confirming the current United States Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) status of the nonprofit organization, or equivalent, if available.
To be considered for a Peninsula Endowment grant by May 31, 2018, requests must be received by Peninsula Endowment by March 31, 2018.
The Peninsula Endowment prefers grant requests to be sent by email to email@example.com. The Peninsula Endowment will also accept hard copy requests sent to Peninsula Endowment, 4451 Madoc Way, San Jose, California, 95130-2044.
If a submitting nonprofit organization has additional questions concerning the Peninsula Endowment grant process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org